La Galerie of the Centre culturel franco-manitobain
Call to artists in visual arts
Since it’s opening in 1974 the Centre culturel franco-manitobain houses a public art gallery situated at the heart of the building on the main floor. Throughout its operation, La Galerie of the CCFM has presented numerous important exhibits initiating the francophone community of Manitoba to the visual arts. The Centre culturel franco-manitobain is presently seeking exhibition proposals for its visual arts programming period starting August 2018 to December 2019. This call is open to professional artists who have completed their art education, have been actively practising their art and have a significant body of work.
Proposals must include:
- Identification Form (available at www.ccfm.mb.ca under La Galerie);
- a letter of intent (please state the title of the project and the context of its presentation);
- a detailed description of the project you wish to present;
- Support material and completed list of works document (available at www.ccfm.mb.ca under La Galerie);
- the artist statement;
- a curriculum vitae including a list of exhibitions and pertinent experience
- a short current biography;
- 10-12 digital images of current work on CD (only digital formats are accepted);
- the technical requirements of proposed project;
- a self-addressed stamped envelope (optional for the return of submissions);
- a press kit (optional).
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by a jury according to artistic merit and respecting the CCFM’s mandate to present, promote, foster and sponsor cultural and artistic activities in the French language for all Manitobans.
When selecting the exhibits priority is given to francophone artists from Manitoba and the rest of the Canada, but non-francophone artists are not excluded from the process. The language of operation is French but all information is made available in English as well.
The CCFM will assume the costs of publicity and the opening reception. The works must be professionally presented.
Please keep in mind the size of the gallery (1550 sq. feet) when submitting your proposal. Number of pieces and artwork size should relate to the exhibit area of the gallery. Solo or group exhibitions are accepted.
Only complete submissions including all requested documents will be submitted to the jury. All exhibits are subject to funding. If your proposal is selected, it may be submitted to the Manitoba Arts Council grant program or any other funding programs available. La Galerie of the Centre culturel franco-manitobain respects CARFAC recommended artist fees.
All submissions must be received by Monday, January 22nd, 2018 Applications submitted by fax or e-mail are NOT accepted
Please send submissions and inquiries to:
Hélène Molin-Gautron, artistic programming coordinator
Centre culturel franco-manitobain
340, boulevard Provencher, Saint-Boniface (MB) R2H 0G7 Phone : (204) 233-8972 ext. 434
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org