RULES OF ENTRY
1. This competition is open to all residents of Manitoba, 16 years of age or over.
2. A NON-REFUNDABLE ENTRY FEE OF $40.00 must accompany ALL entry forms. Make cheques payable to: Manitoba Society of Artists. Any entry without the enclosed fee will be automatically disqualified. Payment of entry fee can also be made online, please see our website for details.
3. All work submitted must be the original and unaided work of the Artist. Work must not be copied from other artists’ work or photographs. Work must have been completed within the last three years and not shown in a previous Manitoba Society of Artists Juried Exhibition, and must have the date of completion CLEARLY MARKED on entry form.
4. Outside dimensions of work must not be more than 40 inches horizontal.
5. NO photographs will be accepted. All works of art and frames must be DRY at the time of submission or they will not be accepted.
6. FRAMING: All work must be ready to hang with adequate wire on the back. Stretchers used for gallery canvases must have visible edges presentably finished. Watercolours, drawings, original prints and all other works on paper MUST BE under glass with a metal or other suitable frame (NO gallery clips).
7. The artist is responsible for setup of any art that requires any special transport or display.
8. Labels supplied must be completed and attached to the back of each work.
9. Active members of the Society may submit three works and will receive 60% of any sale.
10. Non-members may submit two works and will receive 60% of any sale.
11. All work must be FOR SALE.
12. Participating works of art will only be released to the Artist unless the MSA has written authorization from the Artist to release the art to a personal representative. The MSA reserves the right to request photo ID.
13. The Artist is responsible for adhering to all deadlines. All artworks must be delivered and picked up according to the exhibit calendar designed by the MSA.
14. Any art left beyond the pick-up date incurs a handling/storage fee of $5 per day.
15. All work submitted must be able to be in MSA’s possession from February 25th to March 29th.
For more info click the link HERE
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. Reasonable care will be taken in handling the works of art submitted, but all entries are at the Artist’s risk.
2. The MSA will pay “artist’s fees” on a pro-rated system, based on the funds available and the number of works in the exhibit.
3. The Manitoba Society of Artists reserves the right to reject any work that does not follow the above rules.